cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Disconect VG224

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco VG224 registered whit a Cisco Call Manager 4.0, all port are registered in the Call Manager,  but some calls are automatically disconnected, when I call from other IP Phone.

Why did this happen?
Could it be a physical problem?

1 Reply 1

Edson Pineiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Commonly hardware related issues on FXS ports in the VG224 can be identified quickly as the port will no longer provide dial tone. As a general rule, if the configuration is right and the FXS port is not providing dial tone or any vpm debugs then I would consider this port as faulty or faulty handset/wiring. If the call is active during the alerting state i.e. ringing, but automatically disconnects on answer this symptom would lead me towards believing that there is a codec negotiation problem during connect phase. If the above symptom is what you experience I suggest you check the region settings of the ports and the calling party to ensure the codec’s specified are a match or that you have a transcoder invoked.

cheers

Edson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: