Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CIFS doesn't work for share folder on windows server 2008 R2

Hi,

I am using ASA5520 with webvpn for file sharing. But recently we just upgraded the OS that accommodate file shared folder from win2003 R2 32bit to windows server 2008 R2 64bit. Now I have a problem with accessing file share by ASA webvpn, it appears error contacting host, we have tested the file shared of webvpn on the other OS windows 2003 and windows 2008, they are working on these OS except win2008 R2. Current the ASA OS version is 8.0(2). And the windows firewall has been disabed.

Can anyone help me on this case, thanks in advanced.

Leon

3 Replies 3

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Leon,

Hard way - get packet capture see what's exactly being negotiated, exchanged etc.

Easier way - upgrade to 8.0.5 and retest.

Hard way will be more concrete, easy way will not guarantee success but we fixed huge amount of issues between 8.0.2 and 8.0.5. Maybe it will be one of them.

Marcin

Hi Marcin, many thanks for your support, I will try these two methods. Thanks again.

Hi!

on the server, under the Local area connection -> Properties -> configure adapter

- advanced:

property: IPv4 Checksum offload: DISABLE!

property: TCP Checksum offload (IPV4): DISABLE

/Mikael Broström    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: