config help: toll fraud and access-lists

Unanswered Question
Jun 27th, 2010
User Badges:
I need help with my router config to combat toll fraud. I've been googling articles about it but I can't find any config examples to cater for my setup. Many documents mention acl's for Call Manager on int serial 0/0 but I'm not using that. I'm running a sip trunk in the router over the wic1-adsl card (Dialer0) and if I use the acls given by cisco it knocks out internet access for my connected PC's.
Attached is a pdf of my running config with my comments in red. I have made entries my self and since then I've had no fraud but that could co-incidental. If anyone can see errors or advise further config entries to combat toll fraud I'd be grateful.
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Abu Hadee Sun, 06/27/2010 - 05:17
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi

You can use the following configuration

dial-peer cor custom
 name incomingPSTN
 name outgoingPSTN
!
dial-peer cor list incomingPSTN 
 member incomingPSTN
!

dial-peer cor list outgoingPSTN 
 member outgoingPSTN 

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

cor-list incoming incomingPSTN

cor-list outgoing outgoingPSTN

!

With this configuration, call coming from PSTN will not be able hair pin to PSTN. How are you using the CUE AA to transfer the call? 

Hope this helps.

Thank you

- abu

tonyspcrepairs Sun, 06/27/2010 - 06:53
User Badges:

abu thankyou for these config steps, I've put them into my router. I'm struggling to understand them but right now I need something that works, the understanding can come later. What if the call isn't coming from PSTN? what if it's coming from a sip phone or some other source? could the toll fraud still occurr?

Actions

This Discussion