cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant 5.5

boo
Level 1
Level 1

I  downloaded Cisco Network Assistant 5.5, everytime when I try to run I get error message "Could not creat Java virtual Machine' any idea how to solve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I  downloaded Cisco Network Assistant 5.5, everytime when I try to run
I get error message "Could not creat Java virtual Machine' any idea how
to solve this?

To overcome this problem, open the file C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Network Assistant\startup\startup.properties (the default installation path), and modify this entry:

JVM_MAXIMUM_HEAP=1024m

Replace 1024m with a lower setting that does not exceed the available RAM. There is no way to foresee what value will work. Try 512m, and lower it further if necessary. You can use the dial peer tag range 2500 to 2999 out-of-band to define your own dial peers.

Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I  downloaded Cisco Network Assistant 5.5, everytime when I try to run
I get error message "Could not creat Java virtual Machine' any idea how
to solve this?

To overcome this problem, open the file C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Network Assistant\startup\startup.properties (the default installation path), and modify this entry:

JVM_MAXIMUM_HEAP=1024m

Replace 1024m with a lower setting that does not exceed the available RAM. There is no way to foresee what value will work. Try 512m, and lower it further if necessary. You can use the dial peer tag range 2500 to 2999 out-of-band to define your own dial peers.

Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_network_assistant/version5_0/release/notes/OL12210a.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thanks Ganesh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: