Hello Scott, could you please give me short answers to my questions!
1) Is EPS limit and Netflow limit enforced in software or just recommendation?
2) How do you lock performance of restricted boxes?
3) Are you supporting virtualization yet?
4) Where can I find out amount of RAM different boxes have - it's not in datasheet...
Thank you and best regards!
Here are answers to the questions you posted:
1) The EPS/Netflow numbers are recommendations. Once the incoming EPS/Netflow exceeds the performance capabilities of the system then CS-MARS will begin dropping events and in extreme cases may start thrashing at high CPU/memory usage.
2) The performance processing for restricted boxes is limited by the license and in turn through the software.
3) There is currently no support for virtualization of the CS-MARS appliance.
4) For currently available appliances: