Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem: Slow update of SNMP-Information on stack-members

Zaesch666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have some 3750E switchstacks and use snmp to monitor the bandwidthusage. Sending the snmp-requests - in fact I use the oid's 1.3.6.1.2.2.1.16.101XX and 1.3.6.1.2.2.1.10.101XX (in/out octets) - to the stackmaster works fine and a clear graph is displayed. Monitoring a port on a stackmember (e.g. oid 1.3.6.1.2.2.1.16.10615 for port 15 on switch 2) results in peaks like this:

index.php.jpeg

First I assumed that the switch needs to much time to answer the request, but the cpu usage is normal (~5-10%) and a snmp-manual request is answered instantly. Some more manual requests revealed that the octet-counter is not updatet for seconds!

Next thought: Maybe the switch is faulty. So i replaced it with a reserve switch. Guess what - the same problem...

Then i tried to swap the stackroles. Now switch 1 is the stackmember and switch 2 is the stackmaster. The counters on switch 2 are updated in realtime, the counters on switch 1 are updated in seconds! What's that????

Has anybody an idea to update the switchmember-counters like them of switchmaster?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card