Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nac Profiler & ip helper addres

Hi,

I have a layer 3 OOB Nac Profiler Deployment and i am trying to profiler some IP Phones from a remote location using the ip helper-address statement on the voice interface on the remote router. The problem is that the remote router is acting like a dhcp server for the voice vlan and does not forword the DHCP discover to NAC colector and i can't profile the ip phone. Do you know a way(a configuration command on the router ) to forword the dhcp even if the router acts like a DHCP server for that vlan?

Thanks

Victor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hassan El-Masri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Victor,

For this to work... You have to add an SVI for the voice VLAN on the switch behind the router and then add the IP helper on the new voice VLAN interface.

-Hassan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hassan El-Masri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Victor,

For this to work... You have to add an SVI for the voice VLAN on the switch behind the router and then add the IP helper on the new voice VLAN interface.

-Hassan

Thanks alot,

That's brilliant and is working.

Shamjith S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have confiured a new setup with profiler 3.1.1 with DHCP vendor class using RSPAN option for profiling and could not find profiling is happening in a perfect manner. Problems experienced like long time taken for profiling (ex.4 days for almost 100 ip phones) also i am suspecting RPAN problems with few of the switches as though its spread over distant locations and peculiar uplink combinations. To avoid explained rspan problems I am gonna try DHCP vendor class with ip helper address applied on voice and data svi's. I am going to create an svi for this purpose on the core switches with hsrp ip and gonna apply one ip adress on each primary and secondary collector eth3 ( earlier configrued RSPAN destination). And these two ip adresses of eth3 of primary and secondary collectors will be listed in voice/data gateway svi. Is this a correct logic..  will be glad to receive a comment on this..!

regards,

Shaam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: