Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMUser Page cannot login

dnicolaides
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we recently installed a new remote office with 60 ip phones using SRST. we want to give the new users access to the CCMUser page so they can make changes to their speed dials etc and we currently use AD.

we have 4 other sites configured with AD integration and all users from these sites can access the CCMUser page with no problems. however, the users at the new SRST site get the following error after entering their usernames and password.

"Non Defined IMS Exception"

i have been reading some previous posts regarding this issue and it seems to be an authentication issue and the resolution seems to be to reset the CCMAdministrator password via CLI.

my question is this: is there a way to avoid resetting the CCMAdministrator password as this is working fine and im a bit hesitant to reset this password?

i have deleted the LDAP directory on CUCM6.1 and re-created it but still no luck.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated please.

oh and i forgot to mention, this is kinda urgent as the client is jumping down my back. :-)

thanks a mil

Dimitri

4 Replies 4

dnicolaides
Level 1
Level 1

just to add to my previous post.

it seems the issue is because they run two seperate domains. one for london and the other for glasgow. the glasgow users cannot log into the CCMUser page while the london users can. if i were to remove the LDAP authentication account from CUCM and replace it with the Glasgow account, the london users wont be able to log in.

does anyone know of a solution to this issue? can you not run more than 1 domain to integrate into AD?

thanks again

Dimitri

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dimitri,

Have a look at this link which was nicely referenced

by Hailey

Additional Considerations for Microsoft Active Directory

http://www.planetcisco.org/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045381

Cheers!
Rob

Hi rob,

Thanks for this document. Really handy.

Quick question, the UPN, is that in AD? Do i creat a generic user id for the Glasgow site in AD and then i don’t have to enter search base in CM?

Thanks

Dimitri

Hi Dimitri,

The UPN is an AD Attribute as shown below

http://www.planetcisco.org/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1067953

I won't even pretend to have the info required for this type of AD change. I would engage the

AD administrator to work through this config.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: