cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrade former software pack of UC540?

webmasterpikeco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, first time user here of a new UC540 system, but no stranger to the CLI of Cisco.  I upgraded to the newest version of IOS and CUE for the UC540 in an attempt to get the operator script for the auto attendant which drops a caller through to the operator when nothing is selected. While the script works great now, a few things don't so well now.

My first problem is an all too familiar FXO not disconnecting issue. If a caller calls in and hangs up, the system will continue to keep the line open despite the disconnect tone. I've tried several things including the supervisory disconnect, battery-reversal, etc... command to no avail. It will disconnect if I hang up on the UC540 side, but not from the callers side.

The second thing I've notice with the newest version is that the call quality seems really skippish, or cuts out, even when listening from the callers side through the FXO port.

I have rebuilt my config from the default in an attempt to iron out any differences that might exist, but still nothing.

Because these two things didn't exist before I upgraded, I would like to downgrade if possible back to the factory version. The problem is that when I go to do such, it tells me that I need a " Technical Support Services  Agreement," which I find odd considering I didn't need one to upgrade to the newest version. I'm not sure if I do have one of these or not as I remember ordering a SVC4 agreement of 3 years that was supposed to be for the UC540,when we made the purchase a couple of weeks ago, however I'm not in the office and cannot check on this at the moment.

Anybody out there experience the FXO issue regarding the latest software pack UC540-8.0.2.zip?

Thank you in advance!

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Benjamin,

You could try the following commands to resolve your FXO issue:

REOUTER# conf t (Enter configuration Mode)

ROUTER(Config)#voice-card 0 (Press Enter)

ROUTER9Config)#no local-bypass

This may or may not help you out, give it a shot though.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the reply David.

I came in this evening and I tried the command, but its still hanging. I decided to do a vpm signal debug during a call. I do want to note that it does eventually disconnect, but it does not detect the disconnect tone from the phone line when callers hang-up on the outside. While this isn't horrible, I would like to avoid having however long voice mails of disconnect tones and phone lines tied up just because the box didn't detect the hang-up.

I can't make much sense of this, but maybe you or someone else can. There are two files below. One is my config (with names and passwords removed of course), and the other is a output from the debug vpm signal command during a phone call.

Again I appreciate the help and hope to have this going soon!

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

I will have a look at the attached files and see if i can come up with anything for you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Benjamin,

This is my following suggestions, please let me know how you go:

voice-port 0/1/0
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
cptone AU
timeouts call-disconnect 3
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx immediate 398
impedance complex1
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/0-AA
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/1
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
cptone AU
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx immediate 301
impedance complex1
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/1-OP
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/2
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
cptone AU
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx 398
impedance complex1
shutdown
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/2-AA
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/3
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
cptone AU
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx 398
impedance complex1
shutdown
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/3-AA
caller-id enable

Please change the CP tone to your own country, it is good practice to have this in there where possible.

Apply all voice ports, even though the last two are shut down, you still should do it just incase you ever decide to bring them online, this way you can avoid this problem again if this particular configuration works.

If this still does not work, we will look into this a little deeper.

Cheers,

David.

David,

I copied your code and pasted it into the config and forgot to change the cptone code to US, which is where we are located. I noticed it changed the impedance to Complex 1 automatically after setting the cptone. I re-entered the cptone US command and it changed back to impedance 600Real.

If I do a "show run" command, I recieve this though:

voice-port 0/1/0
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx immediate 398
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/0-AA
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/1
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx immediate 301
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/1-OP
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/2
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx 398
shutdown
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/2-AA
caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/3
trunk-group ALL_FXO 64
timeouts wait-release 3
connection plar opx 398
shutdown
description Configured by CCA 4 FXO-0/1/3-AA
caller-id enable
!

It isn't showing any of the impedance or cptone settings... is it a default setting on these boxes?

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

I am not sure, but maybe when you choose CP tone US, it does not have the code there as it would be default in the system??? I am not sure I am just guessing here.

However, they are not going to be the ones to stop you from having FXO calls disconnect straight away (Or within a timely fashion).

Test it with the new settings and lets see how it goes, do keep in mind that FXO/PSTN/Analogue lines normally have a delayed disconnect anyway, this changes from country to country and even carrier to carrier.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

David.

David,

I do believe you are right about the default settings with the cptone and impedance, to which it would not show in the config.

I do want to report some partial success with the supervisory disconnect.  After doing a "debug vpm signal"  I was able to detect the timeouts working on the disconnect during a landline call to the FXO and then hanging up. I then proceeded to call via a cell phone and none of the calls for it will hang up. They simply ignore the disconnect tone and the fast busy tone that occurs after it.

I've tried doing a" supervisory disconnect anytone"  (not sure if this is the right syntax), and it doesn't detect any of the tones, quite the opposite of what it should do.

I have monitored the line to see if the tone is absent or different on a cell phone call, but it is pretty identical.

I think at this point I would just like to downgrade to the most recent verion containing the version 12 of IOS as this is what I vaguely remember before upgrading. Do you know what type of subscription is required to do such?

Thank You,

Benjamin

Ho Benjamin,

You might have to locate this via the Cisco support download area, you will need to get the right IOS for the UC-500, this will be a manual process or you can try to do it via CCA.

I would strongly encourage you to log a TAC/SBCS support request on this problem, going through this process may result your efforts assisting others if a bug is found in the current IOS/Software pack.

Please consider the above before you downgrade.

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: