cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spam and Virus Blocker AV and Firmware not updating

brianevans
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client we recently installed the 50 user box into their environment.

My technician is having problems with the unit not updating the AV Engine and the Ironport Case Core and Case Utility files.

The Sophos AV engine is still Ver 4.53 from June 5th.
THe Ironport Case Core Files and Case Utilities are still Ver. 3.0.0

Unit info:

Model: B10
Op Sys: 7.0.1-010
Serial: 002219D5C3AE-38XVTH1
registration 5 Jun 2010

Is anyone else having issues with the AV Engine not updating?

Is there something other than the 3 ports that the setup guide talks about that we need to have opened?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Evans

1 Reply 1

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Brian,

the versions you post are the recent ones. You'd need to differentiate between engine versions and rules versions. Engines do not get updated on a daily base and it is seen as normal when the timestamp is two months old, as this is usually the interval an engine is getting released.

For Sophos, the IDE timestamp should not be older than a day, the same applies to the Anti-Spam content rules and structural rules as they're getting updated quiet often (several times per day).

You can enforce a full update of both Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus by issuing the commands 'antispamupdate ironport force' and 'antivirusupdate force' on the Command Line Interface (CLI). Please allow the appliance to process the full update for approx. five minutes. If everything worked well, then 'antispamstatus' and 'antivirusstatus' on the CLI will display the timestamp on all items when the forced update was carried out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: