cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to program CUCM 6.12 to a SR140 software-based eFax server via FoIP?

brav3h3art_2
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody done a integration from a CMM/CUCM 6.12 to a eFax sever via T.38 protocol, if so any info would be helpful and appreciated..TIA  ThomasNH

6 Replies 6

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Yes I have. In my particular setup I have a trunk created from my cluster to our eFax server. On my MGCP controlled gateways I had to change the default package that loads when configuring MGCP to "mgcp default-package fxr-package" which is the package used when dealing with facets of faxing. Then you need to do a no mgcp and then mgcp for it to take effect. On my H323 gateways its just a bit of configuration on the gateway and some dial peers.

On your gateways, are you using MGCP or H323 for inbound/outbound calls?

We're using MGCP for in/outbound calls. I am talking to the eFax vendor, I was surprised to learn that they're using wink start on the CO trunk. Have you installed this scenario through a PRI T1? I am trying to leverage the existing Telco trunks on CMM to save money down the road. Question: How is the link between CMM and eFax configured, it is done via an IP address, I still can't see how this is implemented? Any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I am coming from a Nortel environment and we used ISL trunks to do the integration. Thanks for your suggestions though, I'll setup those ideas up in our Lab before rolling it into production. TIS Thomas NH

If you navigate to Device, then Trunk then click the Add New button you will have options to create trunks. In my scenario the eFax venfor wanted it to be an intercluster trunk, i questioned that but whatever it works. Then you create a route pattern for the number(s) that you want to traverse that trunk into the eFax server by selecting the trunk in the drop down list of the Gateway/Route List* option.

When you create the trunk you specify the ip address of the eFax server where it shows Server 1 IP Address/Host Name*

And I am connected to the PSTN with PRI's.

Tracy,

Thanks for clarifying the integration part. I'll post my findings/configuration when Lab is up and running.

TIA,

Thomas NH

Tracy,

FYI -

The FoIP integration on CUCM from a SIP tunk perspective worked great, we're in business! Thanks for clarifying the design concept.

TIA,

Thomas NH

Great!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: