cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party Fax Server for Cisco UCM and Unity

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Do I have to use the Cisco Fax Server or can I use a third party fax server like the Castelle Fax Server (which is what I am looking at).

I want to reach out and see what people are using for third-party fax servers that will work with Cisco UCM, Cisco Unity, & CIsco Unity Connection?

Thank you in advanced!

-rya

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unity Connection only supports integration with Cisco Fax Server (which is OEM of Open Text RightFax, formerly Captaris RightFax) at this time.  So, no other options there for now.

Unity supports a number of 3rd-party fax servers.  CUCM is compatible with most solutions - you would just want to check your vendor's support for and integration with Cisco voice solutions.

Two most common products I've dealt with:

1) Sagem-Interstar XMediusFax

2) RightFax / Cisco Fax Server

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Great response!  Thank you!

-rya

I've installed Sagem-Interstar XMediusFax for two customers and it works well, it installs like a virtual printer and then you choose which number and it ships out. Then on the server you can see all the incoming/outgoing faxes and debug logs. When faxes come in, if you give a certain phone-number to a person or a list of people, it sends the pdf by email if you configured SMTP right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: