Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Registration

SteveOrfanos
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

Is there a way of registering phones other auto-registration or manually adding the mac-addresses. Can you register phones on the fly by entering a registration code followed by the extension number on the phone.

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steve,

Yes I know what you mean, Mitel and Avay do this, I guess you can in a round about what with CCA, I need to think about that one a little further.

In regards to your other question, YES the Cisco systems do support hot desking, but as far as I am aware this needs to be configured by CLI, If CCA can do this now I would be surprised and will run over the person who forgot to announce this

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I will poke a stick in the dark here.

The way I normally work on these system when doing it via CLI, is I program up the Ephones in a TXT editor such as PSPad and put in the MAC addresses for each one in there, I also program the DN's that way as well, then I do a dump of that into the system and Vwallah!! Phones and extensions configured

The Auto-Reg is annoying I turn it off, if I program the extension for 1XX (IN CCA) CCA puts a flood of extensions in at 2XX and then enables the Auto Reg to use those extensions which are totaly out of scope, again I delete them and keep the ephones and dn's as lean as possible.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Thanks for your response.

Other IP Telephony solutions allow you to register or deregister a phone without having to access CLI or knowing before what phone is associated with a DN. Not a big deal just thinking out loud.

I guess my next question is can you configure mobility on the UC500 so people can just login to any phone?

Hi Steve,

Yes I know what you mean, Mitel and Avay do this, I guess you can in a round about what with CCA, I need to think about that one a little further.

In regards to your other question, YES the Cisco systems do support hot desking, but as far as I am aware this needs to be configured by CLI, If CCA can do this now I would be surprised and will run over the person who forgot to announce this

Cheers,

David.