cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Manager - Install Error

Alex Rae
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to install the Office Manager 2 Beta, but keep running into the following message at 30% completion: "Error Reading Users"

After 5 to 10 minutes the install eventually times out and I get the following message: "Unable to Communicate with UC500"

I'm then able to configure the site settings, but still get the same message from any of the configuration tabs within Office Manager.

I've tried installing the software on two different XP w/ SP3 laptops, but get the same result on both.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alex,

I get this error on every install, no matter what.

I am thinking at this stage that in order for it to work correctly, the system needs to be a pure breed CCA configure machine with no CLI modifications what so ever, I have managed to get it to work once, but that was when the system was at factory defaults.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.

I set up a new UC540 using CCA alone, and the Office Manager associated to the unit without any issues.

Appreciate the help.

Alex

Hi David,

I did speak the a member of the Office Manager Beta  development team regarding Office manager beta.

Office manager Beta  assumes that you did setup the UC5XX via CCA.  If the UC5XX is really out of band, Office Manager Beta will not work.

regards Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the input, I learnt this the hard way.

Right now I have decided to give it a break as I was wrestling too much with it, I will give it another shot at another time.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: