Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 message store configuration wizard

abdel.ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install unified comms for a client, using the installation and configuration assistant, the prompt stops where i have to run the script to create mail boxes in exchange.i have run the script, set permissions on exchange and restarted the unity box, avdsad and the avdsglobalcatalog services over ten times, but the situation still to be the same. infact my client is becoming dissullisioned in cisco as the partner support techie couldn't help either. i have attached a copy of the screen shot where the prompt always get stuck. please help

8 Replies 8

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Unity Install will not proceed until such time it sees the account that that Exchange script is attempting to create can be accessed by Unity.

The account is called "Unity_" and this should also have an associated mailbox on the Exchange 2007 server.

For example my Unity server is called Unity702 so the account would be called Unity_Unity702.

Can you report if this account is found in AD and has associated mailbox?

Also do you already have a Cisco TAC case open for this?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks a lot Scott. i have deleted the AD accounts that the script creates and rerun the script over ten times. directoryserv, installation, adminstration and messagestore account have also been created in AD and permissions granted. i have delegated control for the accounts on exchange server 2007 but nothing works.Cisco will not open a TAC because the devices are still under warranty.Comstor the gold partner who sold the hardware couldn't help, infact i ended up even telling their techies what to do.

I might suggest checking the following:

1. Definitely verify that the AD account for Unity_ exisits. You indicated you did find that.

2. Verify the existance of a Exchange 2007 mailbox with this account. This must exist. You might also try logging into the mailbox and perhaps sending it an email.

3. Make sure that Unity has access to an Offline Address Book on Exchange. The directions for setting one up is found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofo060.html#wp1942680

Configuring Exchange 2007 for Cisco Unity

If you chose an Exchange 2007 server as the partner Exchange server,  configure offline address books for Outlook 2003 and earlier regardless  of which version(s) of Outlook your are using, or Cisco Unity will not  function properly.

To Configure Exchange 2007 for Cisco Unity

Step 1 Log on to an Exchange 2007 server, and  start Exchange Management Console.

Step 2 In the console tree, click Microsoft  Exchange.

Step 3 In the result pane, click the Finalize  Deployment tab.

Step 4 In the Mailbox section, click Configure  Offline Address Book (OAB) Distribution for Outlook 2003 and Earlier  Clients.

Step 5 Follow the procedures to create a public  folder database and to configure the default offline address book.

4. Unity will need to be able to make a MAPI connection to the mailbox. So you will want to be sure no Windows Firewall is running on Unity or Exchange server and no Firewall on the network between the two devices.

5. Also verify the Exchange System Tools are installed on Unity and patched to latest:

Found in this section of guide:

Installing Exchange  Administration Software on the Cisco Unity Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/umexnofo/5xcuigumenofo060.html#wp1942680

6. Also you can run Permission Wizard in reporting mode to verify correct permissions are set.

You might check with the partner again to see if they might be able to open Cisco case if they need they should be able to reach out to a Cisco account team.

Hi Scott,

I just started the process all over again without any success.

Thanks

Abdel

When you run into the issue with system not proceeding after 20 minutes of running the Exchange Script do you see any errors in the Application or System Log indicating any issue? If so what errors do you see.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

Below is the reported error messages on the application. in the second instance i have tried to restart the services but it times out

Regrads'

Abdel

Failed connecting to underlying database using: provider=SQLOLEDB;driver={SQL Server};Data Source=UNITY-SC01-001;Initial Catalog=UnityDb;uid=Administrator;pwd=

Failed connecting to underlying database using: provider=SQLOLEDB;driver={SQL Server};Data Source=UNITY-SC01-001;Initial Catalog=UnityDb;uid=Administrator;pwd=

So this is indicating an issue with Unity connecting to SQL database.

At this point I have to advise that a TAC case be opened. Especially if this is the second time you have done the Full install from the OS up and had the same issue. We are beyond anything that can be covered on the support forums.

Sorry.

Scott

Thanks a lot Scott, a TAC Engineer will be contacting me in about the next 30mins.

Regards'

Abdel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: