Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i get all traffic with all ip on my catalyst 2950

eclipse81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have four 3com switches which are connected on my catalyst 2950.

Now I want to know on my LAN what's the traffic ( input and output rate) of each equipment  in my LAN connected on the catalyst with his ip address to identify the equipement.

How can I get it in CLI on my catalyst?

Please help me because i suspect on my LAN a machine which is not a server to overload  the network.

Thank you for your help

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The hardware at hand does not provide that level of information from the CLI. You will need some 3rd pary utility that queries the switch via SNMP.

I suggest doing a google search on it.

Regards,

Edison

Thank you for your response

But about this subject i'm looking for CiscoWorks network management software which is defined likes a NMS for SNMP Manager but I do not find it on the cisco website.

What is his new equivalent on the Support section on the cisco website?? Or can You give me another software wich doing same thing?

Thank you again

We do have a section on this website that relates to CiscoWorks, please start a new thread there and you will find more qualified help.

Regards,

Edison

Thanks for your response,

I do what you told me to do but no response yet since yesterday.

I hope somebody will answer me.

Any way does it exist another way to obtain response on this forum (I think to ask directly ton an CSC expert)?

Regards

hi check  with this command.

#show control-plane host open-ports.

Hi

sorry but this command does not work and I have a switch catalyst 2950.

I think this command is not appropriate with this model.

User Access Verification

Password:
CATALYST#sh
CATALYST#show controllers
CATALYST#show control-plane host open-ports
                        ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

CATALYST#

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: