cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Bandwidth Calculation

jack.parks
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the way EIGRP calculates bandwidth the formula looks like "10^7/interface(in kbps)".  At 10Gb, the value derived from this calculation is 1 (if I didn't mess up my math).  Now that 40GbE and 100GbE is here is there a way to adjust the 10^7 to something greater.  This would be similar to changing OSPF's reference bandwidth.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jack

In a presentation at Cisco Live yesterday the presenter stated that Cisco is working on this issue and that a fix for this will be released some time but was not specific how far out that would be. He stated that in the meantime if you want to adjust the delay on interfaces you can achieve the differentiation between the high bandwidth interfaces.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jack

In a presentation at Cisco Live yesterday the presenter stated that Cisco is working on this issue and that a fix for this will be released some time but was not specific how far out that would be. He stated that in the meantime if you want to adjust the delay on interfaces you can achieve the differentiation between the high bandwidth interfaces.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Is the presentation available online?

Thanks for the quick follow-up

Jack

Cisco makes the presentations available to those who attend the Cisco Live conference and to those who purchase a virtual membership for Cisco Live. But I believe that Cisco does not make these presentations available to the general public.

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thanks for the rating and for marking the question as resolved. It makes the forum more useful when people can read questions and can know from the marking that they will read responses which did resolve the question.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

All -

Many presentations are available free / live @ http://www.ciscolive.com/ .

You do have to register, but there is plenty of useful info.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card