Helpful
Replies

Sip phone connect to ccm 7X

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Im trying to connect a linksys spa sip phone to a callmanager 7x

i created a simple third party simple sip phone on the ccm and connected this phone to an end user

with a id and password.

Configured the linksys to use proxy address of the ccm and username and password

However its not registered...

Anyone some experience with this??

By the way.. i also tried it with an x-lite sip softphone.. also not working..

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shouldn't give you too many problems.  Double check your configuration steps by following this guide:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-x-lite-as-an-example.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Well, that's what I mean by it depends on your phone.  I have experience with other SIP devices - I just don't see many SPA phones in the enterprise space.  What does the documentation for the SPA phone have to say about the CFWD All softkey capabilities or configuration required for it to work (if it does at all)?

Hailey

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shouldn't give you too many problems.  Double check your configuration steps by following this guide:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-x-lite-as-an-example.html

Hailey

Hi David,

The link is great!! is working right now... many thanks...

I will close the topic...

Another question...

Did you also find out if its possible to use call-forward all option with a sip phone?

i configured now an Linksys spa504G phone (its working) with a sip basic profile..

but if i call-foward all this phone to a different number the phone is not forwarding the call..

Do i then perhaps need the advanced profile? or is it just not possible....???

Thanks again..

I believe this depends partly on the phone you are using.  All the "basic" indicates is that this is 3rd-party phone that supports 1 line and no video.  The "advanced" indicates a 3rd-party phone that supports multiple lines or video.  Forwarding depends on the dial plan and also the capabilities of the phone.  A reference for you to a SPA thread on NetPro:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2021781/

I don't have a SPA phone to test so I can't definitely say what it's capabilities are.  I also do not have any customers using them in the field.  I mostly run across Cisco IP phones and soft phone/iPhone clients.

Hailey

Ok thanks again for you're reply..

To bad you don't have experience with other sip phones....

the thing is that call foward busy and call forward no answer is working propely if you just configure this on the sip profile

however also the call-forward all is then working..but when i use the softkey Call-forward all  from the linksys device

its not working because it just does'nt send this information to the sip profile.

Well, that's what I mean by it depends on your phone.  I have experience with other SIP devices - I just don't see many SPA phones in the enterprise space.  What does the documentation for the SPA phone have to say about the CFWD All softkey capabilities or configuration required for it to work (if it does at all)?

Hailey

Yes indeed that's different for each vendor..

But it's not the most important thing for now.. if it's an option with this phones it will be great.. but otherwise.. more important is that we can use

the call-foward busy and call-forward no answer..

Thanks for you're help..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: