Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3500 support spanning loopguard default command

rana.samir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

As per the subject, I would like to know Cisco 3500 series switch support spanning loopguard default command or not ?

Thanks in advance.

Samir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

2900/3500XL only has 12.0 IOS and can't proceed any further.  This feature is not supported in this series of switches.  There is no such thing as a "3550XL".

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

according to Cisco 3550 switch command referece  12.1(14) yes it is supported. The command was first introduced 12.1(9) EA1

Are you having issue?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

But I made correction. I would like to know for 3500 XL models. ( 24 port and 48 port)

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks,

Samir

please post show version and show spanning-tree summary

Francisco

HI Francisco

Here is the attached file.

Thanks,

Samir

on your switch i see 120-5.3. the spanning-tree loopguard command was introdcuced on 12.1(9) EA1. You gonna have to upgrade to minimum 12.1(9) EA1 to support the loopguard command.

Francisco

Hi Francisco,

Thank you very much for your early reply.

But I don't think so Cisco 3500XL series support that software.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks,

Samir

The 12.1(9) is a release for 3550 EMI & SMI including 2950.

As for your 3550XL,  see this for IOS code you're on. http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/release12.0_5_wc_1_/cli/clicmds.html.

spanning-tree loopguard is not listed under the command reference guide.

Francisco

Hi Francisco,

That means it doesn't support.

Samir

It is most definitely not supported on the 3500XL.  I went through this exercise awhile back.

correct.

some Cisco IOS commands are either undocumented or not available under specific IOS. Always check the IOS command reference guide.

Francisco.

2900/3500XL only has 12.0 IOS and can't proceed any further.  This feature is not supported in this series of switches.  There is no such thing as a "3550XL".

There is no such thing as a "3550XL".

Common sense should tell you it's a typo mistake.

Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco