cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure CSVB to allow external mail relay using smtp auth

paul.mead
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to allow SMTP auth based smtp relay from outside the company (for foreign sub-office).

I can see that this should be possible having checked the manual, but I can't quite seem to get it right; has anyone done this before?

Ideally we would want an LDAP authenticated SMTP auth mechanism - we already have the LDAP authentication in place for the spam quarantine.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

1 Reply 1

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Paul,

I'm sorry but SMTP AUTH with LDAP is not supported by the CSVB. Only SMTP AUTH via Forward (GUI: Network -> SMTP Authentication -> Add Profile) is possible. In this case, the presented AUTH string will be forwarded in a new SMTP session to a (backend) mail server for authentication.

To enable SMTP Authentication, you'll need first of all a SMTP Authentication profile, which needs to be configured on the respective Listener configuration (GUI: Network -> Listeners -> (your listener name) -> SMTP Authentication Profile). Once this step has been completed, you'll need to turn on SMTP Authentication in the respective Mail Flow Policies (GUI: Mail Policies -> Mail Flow Policies -> (Policy in question) -> SMTP Authentication: preferred or required depending on your needs).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin