New install with 3 AP541N's in a cluster. Two AP's are connected by an ESW-520-8P PoE switch and one on its own power adapter and a 3COM switch. I have set up a single SSID with WPA-AES encryption. I am connecting with HP 2740P tablets with Intel wireless cards. Clients can see and connect to the AP's but only some can get IP addesses from our Small Business Server 2003 DHCP server.
It's intermittent, some will get an IP and work for a while, while other can't. Then the ones that are working will drop and then none of the devices can get an IP. Then suddenly a few will start to work again. I have solid connectivity everywhere in the building but can't get an IP. Also, strangely, even when assigning a static IP I can not pass traffic, although it says I am connected with "5 bars" of signal strength.
Clients show up under Cluster>Sessions, but sometimes with really high counts of "Signal" and "Error Rate". However, even the clients with a "good" connection cannot get an IP.
Here is what I have tried:
- Upgrade firmware on all 3 AP's to 1.9.1 (latest)
- Wiped and reloaded the devices several times
- Tried no encryption, WEP, WPA, doesn't make a difference
- Tried everything described in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3078962#3078962 including the registry entry on the DHCP server
- I have a spare AP that I put into production with the same load, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
- Broadcast/Multicast limiting set to off
- Upgraded to latest drivers on tablets; Boosted power on adapter to highest strength; Turned off power saving
I have exhausted all efforts in searching and trying based on my own experience, so any help the community can provide would be appreciated.