Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL script - one way audio issue

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I implemented tcl script on 2801. The script simply answer the call and plays prompt. It works fine when I'm calling from pots. When I'm calling from VoIP I have one way audio and don't hear the prompt. The phone RxCnt stays on 0. Here is part of my config:

voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323

application
service aa flash:aa.tcl
  paramspace english language en
  paramspace english index 1
  paramspace english location flash:
  paramspace english prefix en
  param aa-pilot 5555

!
dial-peer voice 5555 voip
service aa1
incoming called-number 5555
codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 5554 voip
destination-pattern 5555
session target ipv4:10.10.10.1 - (loopback)
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
!

So when I put the following dial-peer and call from POTS it works:

!
dial-peer voice 666 pots
service aa1
incoming called-number 5555
!

Please suggest what can be the problem.

Best Regards,

Zdravko Zdravkov

4 Replies 4

Kevin Redmon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Zdravko,

With one-way audio issues, this could definitely be related to an incorrect route on your network.  In the non-working case, define which direction the audio is NOT working.  For this non-working flow, be sure that every hop in your network from the Source of the stream to the Destination of the stream have a correct route.

The reason why the POTS line likely works is because it isn't routing on your internal network.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Hi,

I don't have routing issues because I tested the path with CME on both routers and I have two way audio. There is dedicated h323 voip interfaces. There is full routing between two router. I have tested that on two separate environments. I need further advices.

Regards.

Zdravk,

Do you have any firewalls in place between the two endpoints?  Please let me know your topology.  If you have any firewall in place (PIX, ASA, IOS Firewall), be sure that you have H323 inspection enabled and see if you are seeing any packet drops/syslogs indicating the dropped traffic.  If you don't have any firewalls in place, I'll defer further responses and troubleshooting ideas to my peers.

Best Regards,

Kevin

There isn't firewalls. This is lab environment. I have tested also on production. The scheme is the following:

Phone - CME router <-H323-> Router with script

The problem may come from something related to the type of calls because it works fine on POTS calls but no audio from the script when call comes through VoIP.

I can't see two call legs on the Router with the script. And there isn't also stream to the IP phone.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: