Remote agents in UCCX 7?

Answered Question
Jun 29th, 2010

I'm trying to do some reading on if remote agents are supported in Contact Center Express 7?  It appears to only be supported in enterprise?

I guess first I need to what I mean by remote agents..  Our folks would be working from home (cable modem), and use a Cisco softphone to login to our normal Call Manager cluster.

So would they also be able to use Cisco Agent Desktop and contact center express?  We could provide the Cisco VPN client through an ASA for network connectivity.

The way I saw "Remote Agents" defined in another article was that they aren't connected to our Call Managers.  Is that the feature that requires Enterprise?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 5 months ago

Hi Bill

There was a remote worker option a while back that supported an endpoint on the PSTN; not sure if that still exists for Enterprise but it certainly isn't available for UCCX.

I asked Ryan (from TAC) this question a while back myself - https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3035194#3035194

It seems that the CAD/CIPC solution you suggested is a viable/common one, assuming you have satisfactory connectivity and are happy to take the risk of poor call quality etc that you may experience on home users' connections.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/30/2010 - 00:40

Hi Bill

There was a remote worker option a while back that supported an endpoint on the PSTN; not sure if that still exists for Enterprise but it certainly isn't available for UCCX.

I asked Ryan (from TAC) this question a while back myself - https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3035194#3035194

It seems that the CAD/CIPC solution you suggested is a viable/common one, assuming you have satisfactory connectivity and are happy to take the risk of poor call quality etc that you may experience on home users' connections.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content