Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 VOIP over Internet

gadgroupllc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an employee in another state that I would like to be a part of our phone system.  Our phone system is UC520.  The employee has a Cisco IP Phone Model Number CP-7940G.  I would like to be able to dial an extension and reach that phone. 

How can I get this phone to be a part of our phone system? 

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

VPN.  The UC520 has VPN capability and licenses included.  You wil need to install something at the remote site such asa  Cisco871.  Configure a tunnel and then you can use your phone at the remote site.  Another potentialy easier and cheaper solution would be to use CIPC softphone for the remote site.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

The user in the other state has a D-Link DIR615 and it is L2TP capable. Are there any specifics we need to do in order to establish a connection to the UC520?

I don't know about l2tp.  I would tend to think IPSEC would be the best way to go.  You will need to read up on how to create an IPSEC tunnel for the Cisco and D-Link and get that configured and tested.

A Google search for "uc520 ipsec tunnel configuration" should get you started and then similar for the D-Link side.

One search reult I looked at mentioned that this is not be officially supported by Cisco, so keep that in mind.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/10453;jsessionid=784A689DFE1448FBA286E6F6CD695D82.node0?tstart=-2

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

This Brandon dude is more often right than not... rated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: