Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0.2 bugs?

cityofweho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade form CUCM 6.1 to 8.0.2. I would like to know if anyone has experianced any major issues with the upgrade process or the CUCM 8.0.2 itself.

Any help would be great!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello IT,

My vote would be to avoid CUCM 8.0(2) if at all possible. The track record for

.0 builds for CUCM is pretty horrid (5.0,6.0,7.0 were all bug filled) and 8.0

seems to follow this trend. I counted 263 Level 1&2 Bugs associated with

The first four 8.0 builds have been quickly deferred which is a giant RED FLAG

for me;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 8.0

* Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.0(2c)
      06/May/2010
    * Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.0(2b) (Deferred)
      26/Apr/2010
    * Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.0(2a) (Deferred)
      20/Apr/2010
    * Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.0(2) (Deferred)
      08/Apr/2010
    * Release Notes for Cisco Intercompany Media Engine Release 8.0(2)
      15/Apr/2010
    * Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.0(1) (Deferred)
      25/Feb/2010
    * New and Changed Information for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(x)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_notes_list.html

Cheers! Just my thoughts here.
Rob

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8727

Hello Rob,

Thanks again for your info. We are also planning for an upgrade from 5.x to 8.0(3).

Could you please let me know the P1&P2 bugs on this..

Thanks

Ratheesh

Basically what Rob is telling you, very politely, is a sentiment many of the very experienced engineers here at CSC would.  I'll be a little more succint:

8.0(x) is pretty much considered a poor choice unless there is a feature you must have (there usually is not).  All of these versions are riddled with bugs...all bad enough that they were deferred by Cisco.  If you have a CCO account, you can easily login and find out all the P1/P2 using the bug toolkit.

Now, a better option:  Go to 7.1(3b)SU2 now and upgrade to 8.x later OR wait until a bit later this year and go directly to 8.5.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Although I have no direct experience with CM release quality, I have rated David's post above for its straightforwardness and practical value, something extremely important when the job is to bring solid and reliable solutions to customers.

That's really cool of you, Paolo. Appreciate it.

On 11/11/10 10:29 AM, "p.bevilacqua"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: