cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 license issue

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using the CUCM 6.1 and just purchased additional 10*7945G and additonal licenses for CUCM and unity. For the CUCM license increasing, I uploaded two .lic files to pub but only 11 units increasd when I run the license report. This is my first time to add the license in CUCM, not sure if I missed anything. 11 units is not enough for 10 IP phones. Here are the quote and the two .lic files details. Anyone knows if I got the correct license files compare to the quote?

Thanks. Leo

CUCM.jpg

CCM2010xxxxxxxxxxx.lic

INCREMENT PHONE_UNIT cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \
VENDOR_STRING=<Count>1</Count><OrigMacId>xxxxxxxxxxxx</OrigMacId><LicMacId>xxxxxxxxxxx</LicMacId><LicFileVersion>2.0</LicFileVersion> \
HOSTID=xxxxxxxxxxx OVERDRAFT=1 \ 

NOTICE="<LicFileID>2010xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</LicFileID><LicLineID>1</LicLineID> \

UPC2010xxxxxxxxxxx.lic

INCREMENT PHONE_UNIT cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \
VENDOR_STRING=<Count>11</Count><OrigMacId>xxxxxxxxxxxx</OrigMacId><LicFileVersion>1.0</LicFileVersion> \
HOSTID=xxxxxxxxxxxx \
NOTICE="<LicFileID>2010xxxxxxxxxxxxx</LicFileID><LicLineID>1</LicLineID> \

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Different type of phones use different number of units.

For example, 7970 phone uses 5 units while 7960 phone uses 4 units.  For details, please go to CUCM > System > Licensing > License Unit Calculator.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi htluo, thanks for your reply, I know that difference. But my question is there is a item named 'Unified Communications Manager UWL DLU Bundle' in the quote, its Qty is 121, so should I have a .lic file which can increase the unit number with 121?

Regards, Leo

Just found out where I did wrong and now have 121 units added in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: