cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1 license issue

xzjleo2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using the CUCM 6.1 and just purchased additional 10*7945G and additonal licenses for CUCM and unity. For the CUCM license increasing, I uploaded two .lic files to pub but only 11 units increasd when I run the license report. This is my first time to add the license in CUCM, not sure if I missed anything. 11 units is not enough for 10 IP phones. Here are the quote and the two .lic files details. Anyone knows if I got the correct license files compare to the quote?

Thanks. Leo

CUCM.jpg

CCM2010xxxxxxxxxxx.lic

INCREMENT PHONE_UNIT cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \
VENDOR_STRING=<Count>1</Count><OrigMacId>xxxxxxxxxxxx</OrigMacId><LicMacId>xxxxxxxxxxx</LicMacId><LicFileVersion>2.0</LicFileVersion> \
HOSTID=xxxxxxxxxxx OVERDRAFT=1 \ 

NOTICE="<LicFileID>2010xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</LicFileID><LicLineID>1</LicLineID> \

UPC2010xxxxxxxxxxx.lic

INCREMENT PHONE_UNIT cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \
VENDOR_STRING=<Count>11</Count><OrigMacId>xxxxxxxxxxxx</OrigMacId><LicFileVersion>1.0</LicFileVersion> \
HOSTID=xxxxxxxxxxxx \
NOTICE="<LicFileID>2010xxxxxxxxxxxxx</LicFileID><LicLineID>1</LicLineID> \

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Different type of phones use different number of units.

For example, 7970 phone uses 5 units while 7960 phone uses 4 units.  For details, please go to CUCM > System > Licensing > License Unit Calculator.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi htluo, thanks for your reply, I know that difference. But my question is there is a item named 'Unified Communications Manager UWL DLU Bundle' in the quote, its Qty is 121, so should I have a .lic file which can increase the unit number with 121?

Regards, Leo

Just found out where I did wrong and now have 121 units added in.