Views
Helpful
Replies

High Level Question Re: Virtualized CUCM8

ritsonr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all...

Looking for some initial guidance on direction for a new deployment of CUCM8. I've been looking at the Cisco VBlock products (high level at the moment) to see what can be done at the moment. I know CUCM8 can be run in VMWare, perhaps i should be posting on the Unified Computing forum.... Anyway, basically i have several version 4 customers and i'm looking at what can be done for them when version 4 goes end of support shortly...

I was "hoping" that i could bundle any given customers services (cucm, ipccx etc) into a virtulized environment and then also run multiple customers IPT environments from the same platform, does that make sense?

I'm just looking for the top level info so i can start my own research without having to wade through a lot of chaff...

Any advise would be most welcome!

Regards,

Richard.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd recommend you to start by reviewing the SRND

Deploying Unified Communications on Virtualized Servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/models.html#wp1128373

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: