AntiVirus on UCCX

Answered Question
Jun 30th, 2010

We're getting ready to install AntiVirus on our UCCX 7.01 servers.  I confirmed that our AV is supported (from the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express  Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide).

Are there any caveats, such as directories we should exclude from AV?  Since there's a local database on UCCX, I would imagine you want to exclude the database files.  At least that's what Microsoft recommends for normal SQL Server (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309422/)

Thanks,

Tom

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 5 months ago

Hi

The guidelines for this are spread nice and widely....

Various documents suggest excluding the trace directories (e.g. c:\program files\wfavvid\log) as these are constantly written to. I would exclude the DB data/log folders as you suggest.

The troubleshooting guide suggests excluding  c:\program files\wfavvid\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop_audio and the c:\program files\microsoft SQL server\MSSQL$CRSSQL folder.

Additionally, the release notes suggest if you run McAfee you should exclude the entire c:\program files\wfavvid directory.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/30/2010 - 06:07

Hi

The guidelines for this are spread nice and widely....

Various documents suggest excluding the trace directories (e.g. c:\program files\wfavvid\log) as these are constantly written to. I would exclude the DB data/log folders as you suggest.

The troubleshooting guide suggests excluding  c:\program files\wfavvid\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop\log, c:\program files\cisco\desktop_audio and the c:\program files\microsoft SQL server\MSSQL$CRSSQL folder.

Additionally, the release notes suggest if you run McAfee you should exclude the entire c:\program files\wfavvid directory.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content