Failed to access SW-VMS16 Monitoring Software on Windows Vista

Unanswered Question
Jun 30th, 2010

I'm having a problem with the SW-VMS16 software that comes with the  PVC2300 Camera, I have loaded it a pc with Windows XP with no problem. It works great can see all 5 Camers. But when I installed  it on a laptop who runs Windows Vista, and try to open the main  console I get an error message:

Can't properly load  database template. Please re-install the system to solve the problem.

On the laptop disable the windows firewall. Also found in another cisco forum that needs to go logon as a Administrator, go to 'msconfig' and disable UAC.

I uninstall the software, disable the UAC, reboot the laptop. After that re-install the software and check that UAC is still turned off.

Then try again to access the monitoring software and still continuos display "Can't properly load database template. Please re-install the system".

I double check on the 'msconfig' that UAC keep continuos disable.

The only way that user can see the cameras is using web browser. Please help, I made several tests with no good results.

p.s. The windows user on the laptop has administrative privileges since the beginning.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 07/08/2010 - 08:04

What's the version of the SW-VMS16 software you are using?  There may be a newer version than the one you have located here on the SW-VMS16 product page (look for the "download software" link on the righ-hand side of the page.  I see the latest version as 1.2.1 dated Jan 2010.  Not sure if this is the version you are using are not but may be worth looking at.  If you are already runnig the most current version or you have the same issues after upgrading to the most current version, I recommend logging a case with the Small Business Support Center (SBSC) to help get this resolved for you.

honslp2009 Thu, 07/08/2010 - 08:57

Hi, thank you for your answer. I tried with 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 version and neither of them works on the laptop.

It could be the problem some virus on the laptop that won't allow me to run the software?

Regards.

Glenn Quesenberry Thu, 07/08/2010 - 09:11

I rather doubt it.  It's likely more of an OS compatiblity issue I think.  If you can log a case with the Support Center at the link provided above, our SBSC engineers can assist you in further troubleshooting this and we can better track this issue to the SW-VMS16 team as well should this be a bug or some other known isssue.

Thanks!

honslp2009 Thu, 07/08/2010 - 10:07

I made the test on 3 laptop running Windows 7 and 3 laptops running Windows Vista and only in one laptop won't allow me to open the program.

The laptop who's not allow me to open the program is a Sony Viao with 64 bits. First I though it could be a bit issue but I installed on a Dell 64 bits and works fine.

On the sony laptop noticed that won't allow me to update windows system online among other things (has free music software for downloading per example). This is why I suspect that might be a virus o worm issues.  Since this a client laptop I recommend them to verify and major re-install windows, after that I will try to install it again.

Thank you for your recommendation on setup a case with Support Center. Before to call them I want to verify this laptop issue.

I'll keep you all posted.

Regards.

Actions

This Discussion