Views
Helpful
Replies

Module error on 6509 CatOS

venuunlimited
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting an ASIC out of sync error on my 6509 swicth with  cat6000-sup.6-4-11.bin IOS.

Error details :

2010 Jun 30 10:37:19 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:37:49 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:38:19 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista
2010 Jun 30 10:38:50 PDT -07:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 7: Bus Asic #0 out of sync error: Module requires attention - troubleshoot or contact TAC for assista

I checked on the cisco output interpreter and this is what they recommend:

Recommended Action: Check the port's physical status for duplex mismatch, out-of-sync
network interface cards on the attached workstations, error disable condition,
late collisions, or any link level errors. The message does not necessarily indicate
a hardware problem. Alternately paste the show port and show interfaces command
outputs into the Output Interpreter tool for analysis of these conditions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The switch is also telling you what I'm about to tell you.. Contact TAC for assistance.. This is more than likely a hardware issue, nothing we can help from here.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Edison.  It's time for you to contact TAC and prepare for an RMA.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card