Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to other pc on network

cmnielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a laptop and so does my girlfrind. When we are connected to the network, it's not possible to access the other laptop. We can see the other laptop under "my computer", but when clicking at the icon, nothing happens

We are using a WRVS4400N. How de we connect each others laptop? Are there any setings we should use?

I also has a wired desktop connected. It's not possible to connect to that one either, even it shows under "my computer"

Windows Vista is used on all machines.

'cmnielsen

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

I have a laptop and so does my girlfrind. When we are connected to the network, it's not possible to access the other laptop. We can see the other laptop under "my computer", but when clicking at the icon, nothing happens

We are using a WRVS4400N. How de we connect each others laptop? Are there any setings we should use?

I also has a wired desktop connected. It's not possible to connect to that one either, even it shows under "my computer"

Windows Vista is used on all machines.

'cmnielsen

Hi,

How are you connecting other laptop are u try to share some folders from other laptop or tranfering some files.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

I am trying to access folders at the other latop for filesharing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: