IPCC Enterprise / Two Call Manager Clusters

Unanswered Question
Jun 30th, 2010

Let's say I have an IPCC Enterprise set up using  a call manager cluster, a progger server (has peripheral gateway, router, and logger), an HDS server, an IP-IVR, and a CAD server. Its up and running. Now let's say I have another call manager cluster and I'd like to have users on that cluster become call center agents connected to ICM in the IPCC Enterprise environment. Is this even possible? Can it done by the use of another peripheral gateway server used to connect the 2nd call manager cluster to the rogger and IP-IVR? Any feedback appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Now let's say I have another call manager cluster and I'd like to have users on that cluster become call center agents connected to ICM in the IPCC Enterprise environment. Is this even possible?

Of course it is possible. That's what it was designed to do.

There are some big ICMs out there with many peripheral gateways. The big ones have many TDM switches, but some have multiple Call Managers too. I don't personally know of any with more than mid-30s peripheral gateways, but I have heard that there are much bigger ones than that (I am thinking of the IRS).

Can it done by the use of another peripheral gateway server used to connect the 2nd call manager cluster to the rogger and IP-IVR? Any feedback appreciated.

Yes.

One thing I'd like to check with you ... you say "a progger server" and you say "an HDS, an IP-IVR" etc.

Are there really just one of each of these? Normally there is a fault tolerant pair of proggers, two HDS for redundancy, two IP-IVR etc for redundancy. To extend the Enterprise system to another CUCM cluster one would add a PAIR of PGs.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion