MCS OS and HP System Management updates

Answered Question
Jun 30th, 2010
User Badges:

For HP MCS's, is it ok to update the firmware using the HP System Management or are the compatible updates included in the Cisco OS 2003.1.5x? I don't want to break any functionality.

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 12 months ago

Hi

I would say that if you have a specific problem to fix that is firmware related and not addressed in a Cisco-issued patch, then update firmware.

Otherwise, stick with what is included in the OS updates from Cisco. This would mean you are running a combination of software and firmware as tested by Cisco, maintain your supportability from a TAC point of view, and ensure that if you hit problems you're more likely to find a fix if you are running the same versions as other customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Wed, 06/30/2010 - 16:28
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

I would say that if you have a specific problem to fix that is firmware related and not addressed in a Cisco-issued patch, then update firmware.

Otherwise, stick with what is included in the OS updates from Cisco. This would mean you are running a combination of software and firmware as tested by Cisco, maintain your supportability from a TAC point of view, and ensure that if you hit problems you're more likely to find a fix if you are running the same versions as other customers...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Actions

This Discussion