I'm experiencing issues with calls via our Avaya audio conference bridge being dropped on the network. I have the following configuration:
(1) Cisco 2801 Router
(1) Cisco Catalyst 3560 G (POE-24) Switch
(1) Ditech PVP (VoIP echo cancellation device)
(1) Avaya Meeting Exchange (Audio conference servers)
Network Call Patch
- Avaya Media Gateway converts TDM to IP
- Avaya Media Gateway connects to the Cisco 3560 switch (sending SIP traffic) to Ditech PVP device which conditions and improve the VoIP traffic
- Ditech PVP device sends conditioned traffic to Avaya Meeting Exchange (Audio conference servers)
- All of the devices are in the ame subnet
- The Ditech can only accept SIP/UDP traffic
Problem: We are experiencing drop calls after usually a 30 minute interval.
I'm writing to see if anyone possibly experienced the same. Since I don't have any management access to the the network devices. I just wanted to get some possible ideas of what I should be looking for.... We had the network team place a sniffer on the network. My questions to would be the following:
- Capacity planning
- Get the logs from the application, Ditech and sniffer
If anyone have any other suggestions, please let me know. My gut is telling me that voice traffic probably need to get priority on the switch. If anyone has an example config. Please share.