cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

more than 25 ssl licenses on a 5505?

ryancolson
Level 1
Level 1

I was considering buying a used ASA from someone a little while back.  the Sh ver showed 100 SSL licenses!(was running 8.04).  The person told me that he later updated it to 8.3 and it dropped to 25.  Anyone seen/have an explination for this?

3 Replies 3

David White
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ASA-5505 has only supported up to a maximum of 25 SSL sessions.  Larger SSL licenses are not available for it.

Sincerely,

David.

I know, thats why I am puzzled.  I know for a fact it was not faked.  Running 8(.04 i think) it showed 100 SSL licenses.

at 8.3.1(-6 i think) it showed 25.  why would it show 100 at a specific code version?

Hi Ryan,

The 5505 should definately have never shown 100 SSL licenses in the show version output.   If you can send me the "show version" from the ASA when it displays 100 SSL licenses, I can further look into the issue.  But, in the end, it would have been a bug.  I looked for known bugs related to this, and have not been able to find any.  If you can provide the above, I can try and reproduce and file a bug against it.

Sincerely,

David.

PS> The reason we don't offer more than 25 SSL licenses on the 5505, is that the hardward just can't support higher numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: