Views
Helpful
Replies

sup engine compatibility

Richard.Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 6506-E switch and trying to insert ws-x6k-sup2-2ge in slot. Tried in first slot and 5th and 6th slot. In all the slots the sup engine comes up. Need to know which is the recommented slot in 6506-E switch to insert the above sup engine.

Also if i am inserting sup 32 in the same switch, which is the recommented slot...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard.Jeff wrote:

Hi,

I have a 6506-E switch and trying to insert ws-x6k-sup2-2ge in slot. Tried in first slot and 5th and 6th slot. In all the slots the sup engine comes up. Need to know which is the recommented slot in 6506-E switch to insert the above sup engine.

Also if i am inserting sup 32 in the same switch, which is the recommented slot...

Thanks

Richard

sup2 goes into slots 1 & 2 (2 is used for standby sup)

sup32 goes into slots 5 & 6 (6 is used for standby)

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Thanks

As per the link Sup engine slot for 6506E switches is slot number 1,just check out the below link for more information

http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1155.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard.Jeff wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Richard

sup2 goes into slots 1 & 2 (2 is used for standby sup)

sup32 goes into slots 5 & 6 (6 is used for standby)

Jon

Thanks a lot for the inputs....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card