cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting a WET200 to a Wireless controller 4402

mendezjorgea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We Have a WLC-4402 controller with LWAPPs and different VLANs and SSIDs. I've configured a Linksys WET200 to associate to one of the SSIDs.

On the WLC I can see, that the WET200 is associated to one Wlan.

Then I connect one computer with a static IP address and works fine.

But when I connect a second one, everythiing goes down. It does not connect.

I can only connect one computer to the WET200

Do I need other seetings on the WLC to allow pass traffic through the WET200?

Can you please help?

Any Alternatives?

Thanks..

4 Replies 4

tims
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing a similar, if not the same, issue here.  After upgrading the firmware on our WLCs, the WET200 bridges we have in place no longer allow multiple devices to function at the same time.  One device at a time will work but if multiple devices are on at the same time only one is pingable.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code are you running on the WLC?  If you are 5.2 >, you may want to try the following command:

config network ip-mac-binding disable

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

That was the culprit.  We had recently upgraded to v6.0.199.4 and I guess this feature was added.

After disabling ip-mac-binding, the wired clients will work if assigned a static IP address.  Still can't seem to get DHCP to work, but oh well.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Jorge,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card