Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from CUCM 7.0(2a) to 7.1(5)

alberto.orden
Level 1
Level 1

Dear people,

We have 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers.

Last weekend we upgrade from 4.2(1) to 7.0(2a) and we found a bug wit the IPCC and we have to upgrade to 7.1(5).

What is the procedure to do this.

I have the iso from the cisco web page but would like to know for sure ( I supposed first the Publisher ) and then the Subscribers but want to know when we have to reboot them, etc

Best regards,

Alberto

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Software Upgrades

Install patch in ALL servers, DO NOT REBOOT AFTER INSTALL ON EACH SERVER.
Once the patch is installed in all servers, then you can start switching versions.
Start with PUB, wait until it fully comes up, then 1st SUB, waint until it comes up, 2nd SUB...

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Yes, that's correct. If you install and switch versions right away in each server it will fail telling you there's a version mismatch.

There's no bug that I can remember right now, if anyone knows one feel free to jump in.

Another thing you need to consider is that after this upgrade you'll have to wait until CUCM 8.5 is released if you want to go to 8.X.

If you need to upgrade to 8.0 in the very near future then go to 7.1(3) instead.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Software Upgrades

Install patch in ALL servers, DO NOT REBOOT AFTER INSTALL ON EACH SERVER.
Once the patch is installed in all servers, then you can start switching versions.
Start with PUB, wait until it fully comes up, then 1st SUB, waint until it comes up, 2nd SUB...

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thansk a lot,

So I have to install first the 7.1(5) into the Publisher (DON´T REBOOT), then in the first Subscriber (DONT REBOOT) and then the last Subscriber (DONT REBOOT).

Then switch version Publisher ( wait until rebooted ) then the first sub ( the same ) and finally the second Sub.

Is there any bug found in the upgrade between 7.0(2) and 7.1(5).

Best regards,

Alberto

Yes, that's correct. If you install and switch versions right away in each server it will fail telling you there's a version mismatch.

There's no bug that I can remember right now, if anyone knows one feel free to jump in.

Another thing you need to consider is that after this upgrade you'll have to wait until CUCM 8.5 is released if you want to go to 8.X.

If you need to upgrade to 8.0 in the very near future then go to 7.1(3) instead.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks a lot,

I really glad with your answer.

Thanks again

Best regards,
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: