CUCM 6.1 SNMP TRAPS

Answered Question
Jul 1st, 2010

Hi, can i twean the snmp trams sent by a cucm 6.1 so i don get so much unwanted info?, i saw some documentation mentioning that is possible, but i have not been able to fiand any that tells you how

thanks

Cesar

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by William Bell about 6 years 6 months ago

Not sure what you are looking to tweak, but I think what you are looking for is:

• Set clogsNotificationEnabled  (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.2) to true by using the SNMP Set operation; for  example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID to true from the  linux command line using: snmpset -c -v2c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.2.0  i 1

• Set  clogMaxSeverity (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.3) value by using the SNMP Set  operation; for example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID  value from the linux command line using: snmpset -c public -v2c 1 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.3.0 i
  • Enter a severity  number for the setting. Severity values increase as  severity decreases. A value of 1 (Emergency) indicates highest severity,  and a value of 8 (Debug) indicates lowest severity. Syslog agent  ignores any messages greater than the value that you specify; for  example, to trap all syslog messages, use a value of 8.

Now, the above info is from the CUCM 7.1 Serviceability Admin guide.  Which is a different document than 6.1 BUT, it is quite likely the above is applicable.  For 6.1 and more information on how to configure the SNMP module then you should read through this:

HTH.

Regards,
    Bill
    Please remember to rate helpful posts.
    Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
    Correct Answer
    William Bell Thu, 07/01/2010 - 05:19

Not sure what you are looking to tweak, but I think what you are looking for is:

• Set clogsNotificationEnabled  (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.2) to true by using the SNMP Set operation; for  example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID to true from the  linux command line using: snmpset -c -v2c 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.2.0  i 1

• Set  clogMaxSeverity (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.3) value by using the SNMP Set  operation; for example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID  value from the linux command line using: snmpset -c public -v2c 1 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.1.1.3.0 i
  • Enter a severity  number for the setting. Severity values increase as  severity decreases. A value of 1 (Emergency) indicates highest severity,  and a value of 8 (Debug) indicates lowest severity. Syslog agent  ignores any messages greater than the value that you specify; for  example, to trap all syslog messages, use a value of 8.

Now, the above info is from the CUCM 7.1 Serviceability Admin guide.  Which is a different document than 6.1 BUT, it is quite likely the above is applicable.  For 6.1 and more information on how to configure the SNMP module then you should read through this:

HTH.

Regards,
    Bill
    Please remember to rate helpful posts.

Actions

This Discussion