Helpful
Replies

Multicast Stream access over RAS VPN connected client machine

santoshvijapur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I got an requirment ,  that is Muliticast stream need to access over RAS VPN

Scanario : I have ASA 5540 device , configured  RAS profile and user connecting to ASA device to access standard server over VPN ,

now we have webcast and stream need to access over RAS VPN  PCF profile  . please let me know is it techically possibe to configure mulitcast configuration and is user client machine can access stream over VPN . please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately this isn't supported with the software clients.  You'll need to do an IOS router of some sort if you want to do multicast over VPN.

--Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible.  The Cisco VPN client does not support multicast traffic.

--Jason

Hi Jason,

yes ipsec protocol does not support mulitcast packet .  I am looking solution on   SSL any connect   but i am not able to get any clew on this  either in cisco or google.

if you have any info on this please share .  that through any connect  is this possible ?

Unfortunately this isn't supported with the software clients.  You'll need to do an IOS router of some sort if you want to do multicast over VPN.

--Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: