cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Template Error

abhishekbanik
Level 1
Level 1

Error : 128          A device_template patternusage can only be associated with device of typeclass template

Getting this error can anyone help me on this

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to provide the version and explain what you're doing when you get this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

iam trying to add phone in bulk and when i add them iam getting this error , what can be the issue when iam doing this on bulk.

craig.petty
Level 1
Level 1

I got this same error when I was using BAT to "Insert UDP Specific Details" with "Override Options" selected.  My UDP template had line1 & line2 configured with line templates.  My CSV input file had fields for both line1 and line2, but only some of the devices in the CSV had values in the line2 fields (i.e. some phones had two lines while others had one line).

When the batch job ran I got a, "A device_template patternusage can only be associated with device of typeclass template", error for every phone in my CSV file that had blank line2 fields.

To get around the problem I ended up creating two CSV files.  One file containing the 2-line phones and the other containing the 1-line phones.  In the second file I removed all of the line2 fields (e.g. 'Directory Number  2", "Line Text Label  2", etc...)