Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP issue between CUCM 7 to UC500

sidris-sid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert,

I have  strange issue with VOIP calls between two sites, the issue is when I dial from site B to site A the call is going fine,  but when I call from site A to site B also is going fine except with  Cisco IP Phone 7945 once they answer the call immediately goes down but If I try to reach another phone type all  calls going fine ……any suggestion why 7945 drops calls, here is  my setup details:

Site A info:

-          Call Processing : CUCM 7.0

-          Cisco IP Phones 7941 , 7911 & 7970

-          Cisco IP Phones is registered as SIP with CUCM 7.0

-          I add UC 500 “Site B” call processing as H.323 device

-          Configure route pattern , route list and route Group “UC 500”

Site B info:

-          Call Processing : UC 500

-          Cisco IP Phones 7945 , 7985 & Soft phone

-          Cisco IP Phones is registered as SCCP with UC500

-          Dial-peer already configured pointing to CUCM 7.0 “Site A” call processing

Please note that I attached the debug on UC 500  while I make calls:

Called Number: 406 (7945)

Calling number : 106  (7941)

Thanks in advance.

SAEED

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The main problem is that the systems were never meant to be networked.

Q. Can the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series be networked with   Cisco Unified CME or Cisco Unified Communications Manager?
A. The   Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series can be networked with an   integrated services router-based Cisco Unified CME, but the Cisco   Unified Communications 500 Series does not work with Cisco Unified   Communications Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns339/ns637/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd806122df.pdf

The problem trying this is what you mention, it only works one way.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks java for your Quick reply , what is confuse me its working with 7985, 7970 & soft phone but 2nd G of 7900 series like 7945 the call is drop.

Regards,

Saeed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: