cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager Apps not accessible

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 on Solaris 9 and when I open the CiscoWorks Portal, the Campus related portlets never load...CM Data Collection Summary, CM Discrepancies Portlet, and CM User Tracking Summary Portlet.   Also, when I select the Campus Home, it times out and never opens.  Please help!

43 Replies 43

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command as well as the ani.log and campusportal.log.

pdshow file attached , however, I don't have the ani.log or the campusportal.log, and I am unable to turn it on because I can't get to any campus apps.  Is there a way to turn on the logging from the command line?

Marcie

You don't need to turn on anything.  Just post the logs from the NMSROOT/log directory on the server.

That's the problem I don't have those log files in my NMSROOT/log directory on the server.  Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing in the GUI.

No access to any Campus functionality.

Also, device discovery job begins but doesn't seem to end...I see the DiscoveryLock file in /opt/CSCOpx, and in the topo.log file I am seeing this:

2010/07/06 04:00:00 DeviceDiscovery ani MESSAGE DeviceDiscoveryTimeBaseImpl: Starting device discovery process at Tue Jul 06 04:00:00 EDT 2010
[Tue Jul 06 07:48:52 EDT 2010]CamDebugChecker : Can not load cam.propertiesnull
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...
Validating License...

Could this be part of my problem?

are you using local admin or tacacs to login to the ciscoworks server?

I use local admin. However, TACACS is used for user authentication.

Marcie Sirbaugh

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O.

it is very possible that i am misinterpreting this screenshot, but it seems that authentication mode is tacacs. have you tied ciscoworks into tacacs via ciscoworks assistant? if so, you must then login via a tacacs user that you must create, and then set ciscoworks privileges for. again, could be completely misinterpreting what that says.

UPDATE:

I restarted dmgtd and the LMS came up and gave status for Data Collection, didn't see the "Loading..." info.  I decided to start Data Collection, I selected for new devices, it finished and updated the table with current information and all Campus apps were accessible.  I then started Data Collection and chose the All Devices option.  It appeared that data collection was being performed and then after several hours I refreshed the main LMS window and back was the "Loading..." info on the Campus portal windows.  Seems there is a failure with the data collection that is causing the campus stuff to hang up.

Before I kicked off the "all devices" data collection I was able to access the Campus Home webpage and the campusportal.log file was created.  When I access the Campus Home after the product hangs, nothing is entered in the campusportal.log file.

I really need to see the ani.log.  This log MUSTexist in NMSROOT\log if Data Collection is running.  I suppose you could have changed the name of this file, so also post the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties.  Given that you're seeing an issue in the UI, the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log may also be of use.

Yes, I had changed the name of the ani.log to topo.log...attached are the file you requested with exception to stderr.log from tomcat directory.  Again in the topo.log I am seeing "Validating License...." and discovery doesn't seem to continue.

Exactly what version of Campus Manager is this?

LMS 3.2, Campus 5.2

Marcie Sirbaugh

When this problem occurs, can you find an xmlwrite.lock file under NMSROOT/campus?  I'm not seeing any obvious errors, but you certainly could be affected by a number of bugs where Data Collection causes crashes within Campus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco