Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC Tab Not Showing up in OCS2007R2

djackson5854
Level 1
Level 1

Versions: CUCIMOC version 8

OCS2007R2

I'm at a loss here.  I've tried most everything and still can't not get a tab to show up in OCS2007R2.  I've hacked around with the registry a bit here and there but no such luck.  CUCIMOC works just fine if you start it but when you start OCS there is never a cucimoc tab at the bottom.  I've tried to manually add the tab.xml file, change security settings for OCS in the registry, etc.  No luck.  I have a feeling that this may be a group policy issue but was wondering if anyone wants to point me in the right direction or give me some more troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,

Jason

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Open regedit and navigate to this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator

• Verify that the key named TabURL exists.
    • If the Entry does not exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE try to locate  the registry key here, 
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator

• Verify the key contains the following value, 
    • =“file:/C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Cisco  Systems/CUCIMOC/config/tab/cisco-moc-tab-config.xml”
  • If the key contains a different value then it's most likely the  User has already had a MOC Tab setup on this machine.
  • The CUCIMOC installer will not overwrite this value.
  • The file named in the key needs to be edited to include the  CUCIMOC Tab location as detailed in the CUCIMOC Installation Guide

See: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/7_1/english/integrat/guide/plan.html#wp1053296

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks I looked around and yes, the TabUrl value points to a default xml file that I'm assuming is getting forced with group policy.  I will try to add the tab manually again using the directions in the install guide.

Does anyone have an example of the cisco-moc-tab-config.xml file I can take a look at?  The installs I'm doing with version 8 do not produce that file.

Thanks,

Jason