Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC Tab Not Showing up in OCS2007R2

djackson5854
Level 1
Level 1

Versions: CUCIMOC version 8

OCS2007R2

I'm at a loss here.  I've tried most everything and still can't not get a tab to show up in OCS2007R2.  I've hacked around with the registry a bit here and there but no such luck.  CUCIMOC works just fine if you start it but when you start OCS there is never a cucimoc tab at the bottom.  I've tried to manually add the tab.xml file, change security settings for OCS in the registry, etc.  No luck.  I have a feeling that this may be a group policy issue but was wondering if anyone wants to point me in the right direction or give me some more troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,

Jason

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Open regedit and navigate to this registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator

• Verify that the key named TabURL exists.
    • If the Entry does not exist in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE try to locate  the registry key here, 
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator

• Verify the key contains the following value, 
    • =“file:/C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Cisco  Systems/CUCIMOC/config/tab/cisco-moc-tab-config.xml”
  • If the key contains a different value then it's most likely the  User has already had a MOC Tab setup on this machine.
  • The CUCIMOC installer will not overwrite this value.
  • The file named in the key needs to be edited to include the  CUCIMOC Tab location as detailed in the CUCIMOC Installation Guide

See: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/7_1/english/integrat/guide/plan.html#wp1053296

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks I looked around and yes, the TabUrl value points to a default xml file that I'm assuming is getting forced with group policy.  I will try to add the tab manually again using the directions in the install guide.

Does anyone have an example of the cisco-moc-tab-config.xml file I can take a look at?  The installs I'm doing with version 8 do not produce that file.

Thanks,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: