Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 ISR H.320 video gateway

joe.bennett
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a 2800 ISR as an H.320 video gateway. The 2800 is registered with H.323 to CM7 and is using an E1 to connect to the PSTN.The idea is that users with VT Advantage as well as a Tandberg VC H323 endpoint can all use the gateway to make video calls over the PSTN.

Tandberg - H323 - CM7 - H323 - 2800 - E1 - PSTN - Tandberg.

So far following the documentation we've managed to get 5 channels that appear to come up but the H323 tandberg just carries on ringing. Has anyone had any success in getting something similar working. All examples tend to refer to a gatekeeper but we shouldn't require one to get this going.

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

auppal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are right you dont need a GK for this. basically if you are able to bond 5 channels then h320 bonding seems to work. I would like to see the debugs but may be first check the configuration using this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/h320gw.html

The Bandwidth command is very important in this case which will decide the number of channels to be bonded let me know how it goes/

Thanks

feibo yang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joe,
Have your problem resolved?
I have setup a same system as you, but only get ringing on H323 VC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: