Recovery password on cisco monitoring video software SW-VMS16

Unanswered Question
Jul 1st, 2010
User Badges:

Hi, I'm having difficult for access to a video mon software. It is asking me for a password but don't remember what password is.

I uninstall the software, delete files from "Start/All programs", reboot the pc, re-install the software and it keeps asking me for a password.

Is there a way to recover the password for this software?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
honslp2009 Thu, 07/01/2010 - 18:38
User Badges:

Sorry, forgot to say that software firmware is 1.2.0.

mpyhala Thu, 07/01/2010 - 18:51
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

See the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3081032#3081032

"Go into the installed directory of the Video Monitoring Software (C:\Program Files\Cisco\Video Monitoring System). Issue file RegEx.exe and hit Invalid Password. This will "reset" the password and on the next logon you have to give it again."

Please give us an update and let us know if this works for you.

honslp2009 Fri, 07/02/2010 - 16:45
User Badges:

Thank you, it works!

By the way, can you help me with this issue? :

..............................................................................................

I'm having a problem with the SW-VMS16 software that comes with the   PVC2300 Camera, I have loaded it a pc with Windows XP with no problem.  It works great can see all 5 Camers. But when I installed  it on a  laptop who runs Windows Vista, and try to open the main  console I get  an error message:

Can't properly load  database template. Please  re-install the system to solve the problem.

On the laptop disable the  windows firewall. Also found in another cisco forum that needs to go  logon as a Administrator, go to 'msconfig' and disable UAC.

I  uninstall the software, disable the UAC, reboot the laptop. After that  re-install the software and check that UAC is still turned off.

Then  try again to access the monitoring software and still continuos display  "Can't properly load database template. Please re-install the system".

I double  check on the 'msconfig' that UAC keep continuos disable. After those made steps, before to open the application I pressed right click and selected "Run as Administrator". Access the application and still can't access to it.

The only way  that user can see the cameras is using web browser. Please help, I made  several tests with no good results.

Thank you, I'll appreciate any kind of help.

Actions

This Discussion