Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 R2 and TON

Guys,

I would like to know if E1 R2 has the TON (Type of number) functionality. I know this is an ISDN thing but E1 R2 has this as well?

So I can use the Subscriber, National, etc funcionality of the Cisco IOS and CUCM?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Very good question. Where are you, what are you trying to accomplish, and do you have the circuit up and running already ?

I'm in Brazil.

Yes I have the circuit running.

The idea is to make translation for the incoming calls in a way that the user that push the redial button for calls made to him.

Basically for the local call add an 9 in front of it, for national calls add 90city code and for international calls add 900country code.

My idea is using the translation rule in the gateway to do this or use the new functionality in Call Manager, but I think that Call Manager relies 100% on this TON feature, for the gateway it has this on the translation-rule command but I think I could make this without relying on the TON feature, correct if I'm wrong.

Hello All,

Some months passed but i still facing the same problem, actually a little bit diferente now.

I was able to make the voice translation rule on the gateway and the idea was to add + in front of the numbers, but as this is a H323 gateway could not accomplish that.

So jumped to CUCM to make incoming translation on the device pool, but this relies on the TON, and I don't think that for E1 R2 there is this attribute.

Can someone confirm that?

Can i flag my E1 R2 calls as national, international, etc? So CUCM can translate that?