cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST with SIP and SCCP Endpoints

boquiason
Level 1
Level 1

Are we able to register both SIP and SCCP endpoints on the same SRST gateway? Is this configuration supported?

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out this thread and related links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8110

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

lavanyaps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

SRST using SIP and Skinny protocol phones are supported in the UCM. Find the attached link for reference

It supports all following all combinations

SIP phone to SIP phone

SIP phone to PSTN / router voice-port

SIP phone to Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) phone

SIP phone to WAN VoIP using SIP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sipsrst/configuration/guide/spsrover.html

Pl rate if the link is useful.

Regards

Lavanya

Hi,

Thanks for the answer (was helpfull for me in a way) but I believe the original question wasn't related to what calls can be made with a SIP SRST implementation...

I believe I have a similar concern about SRST (not CME as SRST, but SRST) with the original poster, so I will try to detail the question a bit. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Assume you have a branch where you have 2 users, one with a 7911 running SCCP and one with a 9971 running SIP. In a WAN failure, can these two phones fallback to the SAME SRST router on the branch, at the same time, one registering via SCCP and the other via SIP.

I've checked the documentation referenced, and have an understanding of SIP (and SCCP) SRST. But still, there's no indication of simultaneous use of SIP and SCCP on the same SRST router (nor for the lack of).

It's not mentioned in the "Restrictions" section of SIP SRST document, so I wonder if it would be safe to assume it's supported.

Here is an excerpt from the CUCM 7.x System Administration Guide regarding SRST in a mixed environment:

SRST Reference Configuration Options for Phones That Are Running SIP

A remote site may have a mix of SCCP and SIP endpoints in addition to PSTN gateway access. For calls to be routed between the different protocols and the PSTN, three different features will get configured in one SRST router that will allow calls to be routed between phones that are running SCCP, phones that are running SIP, and the PSTN during a WAN outage. In addition, the SRST Reference Configuration window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration provides two fields:

SIP Network/IP Address—The SIP network/IP address applies for SIP SRST. This address notifies the phone that is running SIP where to send SIP Register message for SIP SRST.

SIP Port—SIP port of the SRST gateway. Default specifies 5060.

For more information, refer to "SRST Reference Configuration Settings" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide.

For information about configuring security for the SRST reference and the SRST-enabled gateway, refer to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Guide.

So, it would look to be a yes - this can work.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you... Very detailed and nice...

I hope the original poster is as happy as I am

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: